Friday, March 7, 2008

Booking through thursday #4...

You should have seen this one coming … Who is your favorite Male lead character? And why? First off, sorry this is a day late. Again, like last week, this was a somewhat difficult question to answer. My favorite male characters are never the leads. As I have always thought myself to be one, I will forever be a lovable sidekick girl. I like that guy who's funny, but isn't always important. But since we're talking about lead characters, I would say (probably since I'm currently rereading the series) Brother Cadfael, the 11th century monk detective, from Ellis Peter's Brother Cafael Chronicles. After a lifetime of being a crusader, he retired into a life of servitude at the Benedictine Abbey of St. Peter and St. Paul. Because of his previous life and experience, he is able to understand the world around him so much better than the rest of his brothers and as such is always willing the lend his help to his friend Hugh Berringar, the under-sherrif of Shropshire. His patience and understanding is never ending, his ability to put everything including his duties as a monk into perspective and priority is infallible, and his humor and love of mischief is refreshing.

No comments: