Saturday, February 25, 2012

Books Read in 2011

So, I normally do this post on the 1st of the year, but I guess it's better late than never...

1. Scaramouche - Rafael Sabatini 5/5
2. The Holy Thief - Ellis Peters 4/5
3. Full Dark House - Christopher Fowler 4/5
4. Of Love and Other Demons - Gabriel Garcia Marquez 4/5
5. An Artist of the Floating World - Kazuo Ishiguro 4/5
6. Are You There, God? It's me, Margaret - Judy Blume 3/5
7. The Fourth Bear - Jasper Fforde 4/5
8. The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck 1/5
9. Lady Chatterley's Lover - DH Lawrence 1/5
10. One Amazing Thing - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni 4/5
11. Slow Man - JM Coetzee 1/5
12. The Improper Life of Bezelia Grove - Susan Gregg Gilmore 4/5
13. Brother Cadfael's Penance - Ellis Peters 5/5
14. Dr. Faustus - Christopher Marlowe 3/5
15. Maurice - EM Forster 5/5
16. Theft: a Love Story - Peter Carey 1/5
17. The White Queen - Philippa Gregory 4/5
18. I Will Repay - Baroness Emmuska Orczy 4/5
19. Bombay Time - Thrity Umrigar 4/5
20. Amsterdam - Ian McEwan 4/5
21. Dragonwyck - Anya Seton 3/5

Favorite Fiction: Brother Cadfael's Penance
Least Favorite Fictions: Lady Chatterley's Lover

4 comments:

Mr. Bennett 310 said...

Just happened upon your blog. Of your books, the one that grabbed me was "Artist of the Floating World" but I'm an Ishiguro fan. Did you read "Remains of the Day" or "The Unconsoled"? Every book is a gem.

Unknown said...

Hello just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The text in your post seem to be running off the screen in Opera. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know. The design and style look great though! Hope you get the issue fixed soon. Thanksadvertising | advertisment | production houses in pakistan | pakistani matrimony

Unknown said...


No matter how many blogs, which are able to stand out, attract the line of sight of people, the article content is very wonderful, continue to come on to write this article.
Advertising agencies in UK | Mobile apps for university

Unknown said...

I will be really glad my spouse and I witnessed an excellent website. I am providing an online cricket channel. The person who created this post was a big thank you man for sharing with us.
live espn | live match streaming