Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A state of abandonment...

It's kinda getting old that I keep moaning about the problems I've been having with books the past few months. I'm not sure what the exact problem is, but I keep picking stuff up and very quickly realizing NOPE, there's no way I want to finish this. It's not even that I'm reading bad books. A lot of the ones I've been trying are actually really good books, critically acclaimed good books, they're just not doing it for me. I don't like abandoning books, especially when it's not because the book just blows. But at the same time, I don't want to just keep plodding through books that are just bogging me down. When I do that I end up just quitting books in general. So I'm not going to feel bad any more about abandoning books I don't like. If I'm bored or can't tell you what I think the story is supposed to be about within the first fifty pages (yes, down for my previous goal of 100) I'm done. Yeah last seven weeks of the year!!!!

No comments: