Monday, March 1, 2010

By the end of March...

So the official party line is that I only read three books in February because I was so focused on school work. However, if we're being honest...the truth is I don't understand how I was expected to get anything done while the Olympics were on. I just don't. I feel like the world should shut down for those two weeks so I could watch every broadcast minute of it. As it was, I probably watched a good 75 percent if not more. Anyway...
To Be Read by the End of March Niccolo Rising - Dorothy Dunnett The Whiskey Rebels - David Liss The Crusader - Michael Alexander Eisner The Road - Cormac McCarthy Mistress of the Revolution - Catherine Delors Woo woo!

4 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I hope u enjoy The Road (in March). It's a very dark story, but I will remember it for a long while. I never did see the movie.

Veronica said...

Diane, I'm a little apprehensive, but I'm looking forward to it.

nat @book, line, and sinker said...

i listened to 'the road' sometime last year. it was so dark and stark but really good. enjoy!!

as for tv taking up your time, i recently learned firsthand how addictive and time consuming it can be!! (we've been tv-free at my house for 10 years.)

Veronica said...

Nat, it's weird because I'm the most un-athletic person I know, but for some reason as soon as the Olympics start I am parked in my seat glued to the TV. Even the really weird sports. So the books (and life) take a bit of a backseat.