Thursday, August 21, 2008

An uphill battle...

I don't know what the deal is, but I am having the hardest time with my current read, Blonde. I have wanted to read this book for a while and it's an interesting subject, but I have this book out from the library for almost five weeks and I've barely gotten to page 50. Some of the problem, I believe, is the heft of the book. Not that it's too long, but it's too big. It's a hardback edition of an almost 800 page book. And no joke, my hands get tired holding this book for much more than three or four pages at a time. So that's how I'm reading it. In four page increments. I considered turning it back into the library and just reading other things, maybe coming back to it near the end of the challenge, but I would still have the same problem. So I'm forging ahead, trying to get through it. But it's taking me forever.

2 comments:

maggie moran said...

I loved Blonde, but I did read the paperback version. Speaking of its heft, I was reading it at the airport when a man came up to me and asked why such a pretty girl was reading such a fat book?!? Compliment? Pick up line that normally works on girls? WTF? Life is strange, right? :)

Veronica said...

Hmmm...I often get guys telling me they "think it's sexy when girls read" while I'm reading on the trolley on my way to work. As if reading is something so few girls are capable of....