Wednesday, June 4, 2008

At the finish line...

book binge










As we have finished with the month of May, so have we finished with the Book Binge. I did not read many books this month, but was okay with the amount anyway.

My books and ratings were:

1. The Red and the Black - Stendhal 4/5
2. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte 4/5
3. The Virgin in the Ice - Ellis Peters (reread)
4. Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson (reread)
And working on 5. The Sanctuary Sparrow - Ellis Peters

Also finished is the Spring Reading Challenge!


My plan for this challenge was to read 15 books during the months of March, April, and May and while I didn't reach my goal, I got pretty close. I'm in the middle of book 14 and will finish it hopefully tomorrow.

My books and ratings were:

1. The Saffron Kitchen - Yasmin Crowther 3/5
2. St. Peter's Fair - Ellis Peters (reread)
3. Dealing With Dragons - Patricia C. Wrede (reread)
4. Cast Two Shadows - Ann Rinaldi (reread)
5. Love in the Time of Cholera - Gabriel Garcia Marquez 4/5
6. The Leper of St. Giles - Ellis Peters (reread)
7. Hullabaloo in the Guava Orchard - Kiran Desai 2/5
8. The Last Silk Dress - Ann Rinaldi (reread)
9. The Whale Rider - Witi Ihimaera 5/5
10. The Red and the Black - Stendhal 4/5
11. Wuthering Heights - Emily Bronte 4/5
12. The Virgin in the Ice - Ellis Peters (reread)
13. Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson (reread)

And last of all, finished with the Heart of a Child Challenge!

For this challenge we had to reread some of our favorite books from our childhood.

My books were:

1. Dealing With Dragons - Patricia. C. Wrede
2. The Last Silk Dress - Ann Rinaldi
3. Treasure Island - Robert Louis Stevenson

Wow. A lot of wrap ups!

No comments: