Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Twists for Oliver...


Ok, so I know that this blog is supposed to be my reading blog, but I figure maybe I can talk on other media as well.

It's been a few days now since I've seen this movie, and I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it. On one hand, it was a fairly bizzare modern day Oliver Twist. It was sappy and predictable, and some parts were a little far fetched. I really thought from the previews that Robin William's character was supposed to be good and helpful, but just kidding. He was a lot angrier than Fagin ever was. And the scene where the ochestra is practicing August's symphony and Wizard says he's August's father, I couldn't understand why August agreed and went with him. He'd spent all that time looking for his parents. Why would he say someone else was his father?

However, on the other hand, you couldn't help but fall in love with August and Hope, and even Lyla and Luis. And at the end while you're listening to the symphany and you see Lyla see August and Luis see Lyla, you can't help but get that warm fuzzy feeling.

So. Not fabulous, but still fun.

3/5

No comments: